Remedies for Morning Sickness While Pregnant
Assuming the nausea and vomiting of morning sickness during pregnancy are not severe, there are a few things that may help:
1. Eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day instead of three large meals.
2. Avoid foods that are fried or greasy.
3. Eat slowly and eat only until you are full.
4. Drink plenty of fluids, especially water, between meals instead of with meals.
5. Avoid drinking fluids with meals as this can make nausea worse.
6. Drink fluids that are cold or at room temperature as they are easier to digest.
7. Suck on ice chips or popsicles.
8. Avoid drinking fluids that are high in sugar or caffeine as these can worsen nausea.
9. Try ginger in the form of tea, capsules, or candied ginger.
10. Eat foods that are high in protein and low in fat.
11. Avoid spicy and acidic foods.
12. Take your prenatal vitamins with a meal to help avoid nausea.
13. Get plenty of rest.
14. Try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation.
15. Talk to your doctor about taking anti-nausea medication if other remedies do not help.